Your consultation with your plastic surgeon is an important part of preparing for eyelid surgery. Asking the right questions can also help ease any nerves or concerns you may have going into the procedure. Here, Greenwich plastic surgeon Dr. Sandra Margoles shares the following questions you should be sure to ask your surgeon during your consultation.
Get to Know the Surgeon
- Are you board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Where did you attend medical school?
- Where did you complete your residency training?
- Did you complete any special fellowship or advanced training programs?
- How long have you been performing eyelid surgery? How many procedures have you performed?
- Do you belong to any professional organizations such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- Can I view before-and-after photos of your eyelid surgery patients?
Learn More about Eyelid Surgery
- Is eyelid surgery the right procedure for my goals?
- What is the difference between upper and lower eyelid surgeries? Do you recommend both?
- What are the steps involved in eyelid surgery?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used?
- What are the possible risks and complications associated with eyelid surgery?
- What are my options if the results do not meet my expectations?
Find Out What to Expect Before and After Surgery
- How do I prepare for eyelid surgery?
- Are there any medications or vitamins I will need to stop taking before surgery? If so, how far in advance?
- Can I shower the morning of my surgery?
- Can I drive myself to the surgery center?
- What should I wear?
- What items should I bring to the surgery center?
- When can I go home after surgery?
- What should I expect during recovery?
- How many days should I request off of work?
- When can I resume exercise?
- When can I wash my face and apply makeup?
- When can I drive again?
- When will my follow-up visit be?
- Is there any way to speed up the recovery process?
- How can I minimize visible scarring?
- How do I maintain my results?
Schedule Your Eyelid Consultation with Dr. Margoles
Dr. Margoles is a trusted facial rejuvenation surgeon who has performed hundreds of eyelid surgeries. If you are interested in achieving brighter, younger-looking eyes with eyelid surgery, Dr. Margoles would be happy to meet with you. To schedule a consultation, contact her Greenwich plastic surgery practice by calling (203) 869-2939 today.