Breast Implant Removal in Greenwich, CT | Dr. Margoles
Breast augmentation with implants is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the U.S., including here in Greenwich, CT. Breast implants provide shape and volume to the breasts and have helped many women achieve their desired breast appearance. If you’ve had breast augmentation but no longer desire breast implants, a surgical procedure can take them out.
Dr. Sandra Margoles is a skilled plastic surgeon with experience performing cosmetic breast surgeries that include breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lift. and breast implant removal. To explore your options for implant removal, schedule a consultation with Dr. Margoles by calling (203) 869-2929.
Why You Might Consider Breast Implant Removal?
You’ve loved your breast implants, but are ready for a change. There are many reasons to consider breast implant removal. Talk with Dr. Margoles about your options for explantation if:
- You’re unsatisfied with your breasts’ appearance after breast augmentation.
- You’re experiencing a breast implant complication like capsular contracture or infection.
- You have a breast implant leak or rupture.
- You no longer want breast implants.
- Your breast appearance has changed with age and you have developed sagging or laxity.
If you’re unhappy with your breast implants, for whatever reason, contact us to learn more about breast implant removal or replacement.
Dr. Sandra Margoles is a board-certified female plastic surgeon operating a private practice in Greenwich, CT. Dr. Margoles’s specialties include breast augmentation, breast reduction, liposuction, facelift, eyelid surgery, and more. Having trained extensively at some of the world’s most esteemed institutions, including Harvard Medical School and Mt. Sinai Medical Center, Dr. Margoles is well-equipped to provide her patients with outstanding plastic surgery results. Above all, Dr. Margoles values her patients’ safety, well-being, and happiness. Learn more about Dr. Margoles’s philosophy, training, and qualifications here.
The Breast Implant Removal Procedure
Dr. Margoles removes breast implants in a surgical procedure called explantation, typically under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation.
She creates an incision to remove the breast implant. When possible, Dr. Margoles will reopen one of the incisions used for your original breast augmentation to prevent additional scarring. Then, she removes the implant and closes the incision with sutures.
Dr. Margoles may perform additional procedures to remove the breast implant capsule or to reshape your breasts.
- En bloc breast implant removal: In an en bloc implant removal, Dr. Margoles removes the breast implant and the surrounding tissue capsule together as a singular unit.
- Capsule removal: Patients with capsular contracture may need to have the implant capsule removed in a capsulectomy.
- Breast reshaping: Some women with significant breast sagging may need a lift to reshape their natural breast tissues into a more youthful position. You most likely need breast reshaping surgery if you chose larger implants or if your skin is no longer tight and elastic.
Dr. Margoles can help you determine which procedures you need to successfully remove your breast implants.
Restoring the Breasts’ Appearance After Explant Surgery in Greenwich, CT
Breast implants add volume to the breasts. After removal, your breasts may appear saggy or deflated. Many women will need a breast lift or other aesthetic procedures to reshape their breasts after explant surgery.
Dr. Margoles can help you explore your options for adding volume or addressing sagging after removing breast implants. Some women choose to receive these additional procedures at the same time as explantation, while other women opt to have the implant removed first, then reassess their breasts’ appearance after recovering.
Some procedures to restore your breasts’ appearance after explant surgery include the following.
- Fat grafting: Fat grafting uses your natural body fat, not an implant, to add volume to the breasts. Dr. Margoles removes a small amount of fat from an area like your hips, thighs, or waist using liposuction and transplants it into the breasts. This solution is ideal for patients who want additional breast volume without breast implants.
- Breast lift: A breast lift removes excess skin and repositions breast tissues to a higher, more youthful position on the chest wall. A lift can reshape your breasts after breast implant removal.
Some women choose to replace their breast implants rather than remove them. Dr. Margoles can swap your old implants for new, modern ones or can replace an implant that is experiencing complications.
Schedule Your Breast Implant Removal Consultation With Dr. Margoles
The decision to remove breast implants is highly personal. If you’re unhappy with your breast implants or are experiencing complications, let Dr. Margoles explore options with you. Whether you choose implant removal or replacement, we can help you choose the best course of treatment to restore your comfort and confidence. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sandra Margoles at our office in Greenwich, CT.
Frequently Asked Questions About Breast Implant Removal in Greenwich, CT
The cost of explant surgery depends on the extent of the procedure and any additional treatments you choose to reshape your breasts. We provide each patient with a quote for their procedure during their consultation with Dr. Margoles.
If you’re experiencing problems like capsular contracture or skin sagging after breast augmentation, removal is not your only choice. Women who want to retain their augmented breast appearance may be able to exchange their implants, rather than remove them. Ask Dr. Margoles about breast implant exchange or revision procedures to learn more about your options.
If you’re unhappy with your breast implants, you may be a good candidate for removal. We recommend that patients stop smoking for several weeks before surgery and throughout recovery. Dr. Margoles will review your medical history and medications to ensure surgery is safe for you.
If you’re happy with the appearance of your breasts and are not experiencing breast implant complications, your breast implants probably do not need removal. Breast implants can safely remain in the breast for many years and do not need replacement on a set schedule.
Most patients use pain medication to ease discomfort after explant surgery. While you may use prescription pain medications for a few days, most patients can achieve excellent pain control using over-the-counter options.